Do you have irregular work patterns? Need to make late bookings? Don’t need cover for school holidays?
Are you looking for someone to spend time in your home with your new puppy, beyond the usual half-hour visit?
Does your dog sometimes react to other dogs, people or vehicles?
Are they anxious or lack confidence?
Does your dog struggle with lengthy car journeys? Or are they noise sensitive?
Is your puppy under a year and you’re looking to protect his joint from the rigors of a group walk with adult dogs?
Are you looking for one-to-one (solo) walks? Or paired social walks away from the ‘large group’ scenario?
What We Offer
At Custom Canine Care we have a team of 8 highly motivated, experienced and flexible dog lovers. Between us, we can cover almost any eventuality, and are delighted to have extremely high client satisfaction ratings. We specialise in walking dogs who are sometimes anxious or reactive, and those who are physically vulnerable. Of course, we are very happy to walk any dogs who would benefit from one-to-one time.
So, if you are struggling to find a walking company that suits your needs and offers the level of flexibility that you require, look no further. Of course, like all walking businesses we have our share of 5 days a week, regular clients – whom we celebrate – but the majority of our customers don’t fall into this category.
Custom Canine Care began life in 2011 and has evolved into a vibrant, widely respected specialist dog care company, which excels in providing flexible, personalised care. But don’t take my word for it. You can check out our reviews page.
- walks on foot from your home, mainly one on one, though we will try to match geographically close, social dogs into pairs at times, if this is what you prefer.
- puppy care, lead-training with fitted balance harness and early socialisation.
- safe, dog-free walks for dogs who find other canines challenging.
- managed, training walks for dogs who need more lead work: we can offer equipment, help and advice, work with your current systems or even refer you to a trusted local behaviourist where needed.
- off-lead walks for those who are confident and have good recall.
- home visits for the sick and elderly.
- garden play visits, where this is preferred.
- house sitting and in (your) home daycare.
- All services are provided using industry-standard Covid19 protocols to protect you and our team.
- I carry out regular risk assessments to ensure that everyone is safe and protected.
I, Alison, practice personal development and am always seeking to improve my skills. I also try to pass this perspective on to my team, some of whom have completed all or some of Dr Janet Finlay’s year-long Your End of the Lead (YEL2) course. This course covers all aspects of lack of confidence, anxiety and reactivity in dogs, and teaches hazard awareness, lead handling skills, focus games, observational skills and much more.
In recent years I have undertaken:
- Complete Canine Wellness course (Dr Isla Fishburn).
- YEL2 (Dr Janet Finlay – see above).
- Complete Canine Confidence (Dr Janet Finlay) weekend Workshop.
- TTouch weekend workshop (Dr Janet Finlay).
- Breeding and puppy seminar (run by local veterinary practice).
- 10-week Dog Behaviour night class.
- Pet Business management course (NARPS).
- Covid19 for pet businesses course (Dog Business School).
How We Manage…
…to be where you ask us to be, at the time that you request despite processing anything up to 125 walks per week (much reduced by Covid). We use Pet Sitter Plus software to ensure that we are all informed and organised. Your data is protected and only seen by team members who are actively involved in your care.